Saturday, July 23, 2011

Crazy Queso

Well, nothing like a good taco night at work to have a good excuse to make a delicious queso dip. This weekend I threw together a queso dip that would be perfect for any gathering. I always love experimenting with recipes, tweaking them and adding different things for a different flavor.



As I thought about what to put in my queso, I decided that a little bit of everything would be good and the girls at work are always honest so they would let me know if it was good or bad.







It got a thumbs up from Jenny O.!!!


Crazy Queso
1 lb hamburger
1 lb Italian sausage
1 can chili without beans
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
1 can green chilies
1 lg box Velveeta cheese

Brown hamburger and sausage together and drain. Mix together with all other ingredients into crock pot on low and stir often until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips!

Other ingredients that could be added for a little spicier queso could be:
Jalapeno peppers
Jar of salsa
dash of chili powder

2 comments:

  1. It was super! Thanks for sharing with NICU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually going to make this for the lake this weekend! Keep up the great blog! I'm thinking I should try the strawberry margs soon (if I could ever get a night off from work...haha!)

    ReplyDelete